Wednesday, August 22, 2007

...yeah....

Well it's been a couple of days since I left home.

At first I was scared, just ask Melissa. Text after text to her for pray and encouragement....wow...so here is the run down

I was really intimidated because I am the youngest, one girl is 19 and then everyone else has been to college. They all have been on there own, all this super college level knowledge, and then me from lil mabank texas. I was laying there on my bed the first night asking God to close my eyes and soak up the tears that were about to start flowing from my eyes. But then ....praise God...He gave me peace.

verse after verse was coming to me. I texted Melissa, because she is going through the helpless, lonely feeling that I was going through as well and sent her verses that were encouraging and gave hope to both of us. I have a list of about 14 or so, and I imagine it is going to grow!

After that day everything has been great!! All the interns get along just fine, and all the GFA staff are like family already. It reminds me of Cornerstone a lot. It's all about building relationships with each other, and at the same time winning Asia! God is good....

Praises

1) Melissa is doing good at college, learning a lot...and I can't wait to learn from her!!
2) I haven't had any cokes for 5 days.
3) Interns are getting along well.
4) God is opening up my eyes through prayer, and reading
5) and I'm meeting people that remind me of home....which brings forth love

Please still be praying for Mel and I

7 comments:

Mike said...

I knew once you got busy with the ministry everything would start falling into place. I reassured your momma you would be fine and kept her from finding some way up there other than her driving to try and fix you.

Words can't begin to express how proud I am of you and the decisions you continue to make for Christ.

It goes without saying you are in our prayers continually. Love you..

Cherie said...

Michael...I know that your heart will settle in with the rest of you as time passes. We miss you so much and can't wait to see you in a month. I'm a little put out with Buddy. I found out that he gets to have lunch with you Tues. via Mel's blog. I guess I'll have to DRILL him to find out about how things are going @GFA. We love you and all that God is doing in you!

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." Philipians 1:9-11

Dreama said...

Michael, It will all be good for you and Melissa both! I am praying for you two (and for me) LOL!!! We'll get you a couple more shirts, I just have one piece of advice: you might want to learn how to use the washing machine. Up at 5am in the morning, huh??? Guess Mom's 9am wake up wasn't so bad?! LOL!!! Love you...

Anonymous said...

Michael, this is Laurel H. I am starting my own blog soon. We miss you alot.

Anonymous said...

hey dude!! Glad to hear everything is going good..aside from all the change..lol..but change is good! We're praying for you and Melissa all the time. Keep preaching the Word and winning Asia through Jesus!

Dreama said...

You've been tagged, check out my blog for rules.

Anonymous said...

I see you have fallen victim to the mob of taggers...we should ban together and start an Anti-Tag group. Do these people do anything but blog...lol? Hope everything is going well...still prayin for ya!