Sunday, August 5, 2007

this story...

"This story like any other story worth telling is about a girl"

That was the first line to my 10th grade TAKS essay. It was about a girl, who is very close to me. Well she was cheerleader, smart, beautiful, dated a football guy, and is perfect in my book. Me...on the other hand...well ummm...I was a band nerd. I spent more time drumming than studing for school. I still remember the first time I saw her, it was the 2nd day of the 6th grade and she was walking through the lunch line. *** awww what a day*** We went out off and on through middle school, but once high school came around I went my way...and she went hers. I made a lot of dumb mistakes, and she didn't. I didn't care, she did. She wanted to help, I didn't want it..... But what she didn't know is that the same feelings she had for me, I had for her. I wanted to ask her out, but I was to scared of rejection. Good reason too, she would have rejected me because I wasn't a Christian. Everytime I saw her I would get cottonmouth, sweat, and would want just run away. But just ever so often I would get the courage to talk to her.

She grew with the Lord....I was pushing myself farther away for Him...for 3 years we lost almost complete contact of each others life.

Until the summer leading into our senior year. God came and convicted me, and totally ruined my life ( for the better) lol...and then, praise God just then....I would be able to talk to her. It started with an instant message on AIM....and wow did God cross our paths.

My senior year was amazing because of God. He has given me a new heart, nature, and a desire I never would have thought of. He has given me people in my life, and I just thank Him everyday for this great and amazing young woman of God. She prays with me, reads the Word with me, encourages me when i'm down, and most of all puts up with me!

...but as I write this blog....just after walking her out to her car...I can't help to think about how are little lives are going to change. God is going to take control and total do a work on us. She is about to leave in a couple of days, and then three days I follow her lead. But I know God is in control, and that brings me peace. I have no idea about my future, nor do I know about hers, but one thing is for sure....God knows. He has relaxed my nerves about us, and I know according to His will everything will turn out!

While these tears help me write this, I remember all the ups and downs growing up together. The first date, the time my parents took us to Chilis for my birthday, when her parents took us to the State Fair for her birthday, late nights on the phone, middle school football games, movie nights in 7 points, high school games, indoor drumline practices, talks outside the band hall, break ups, back togethers, the first ride in the car, etc...

"....she was cool... I wasn't, but as I'm in the stands watching her cheer I just hoped that she would look up at me and remember...."

I know she wouldn't want me to take the glory from God... but it's because of Him that we are so close.

Thank you, and I love you Melissa


Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

P.S. If you were wondering about the essay I wrote. I received a 4 ( the highest score you could get) I was one out of five in my class to receive it, and some of the english teachers to this day use my essay as an example to show students a good paper.......oh yeah!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to Melissa! She is a great godly young woman, and I look forward to seeing her follow the Lord's leading through college.

I'm quite impressed that you got a "4"!! You can drum AND write?!!

Buddy said...

You have lots of big changes in the days to come brother...and a bigger God to carrying out His plan!

Was that the only 4 you ever got?

Cherie said...

"sniff-sniff".

melissa lynn said...

wow i really don't feel worthy of such great comments. Thank you so much. I love you!