Saturday, August 11, 2007

It is well....

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

I was sitting there last night, praying and reading really trying to search for the Lord. I had my ipod going and this song started playing. It is my favorite hymn, but really never understood what it meant. As the group started to sing the this verse, I asked the Lord to show me what it meant. After about 3 times repeating the verse, finally it sank in.

I bear it no more!!

I preached a message at Oakstreet a couple of weeks ago about Christ, how He became a curse for us. How Jesus Christ became sin on our behalf. I thought I understood what sin was. ( which i'll never fully know, cause i'm not God) but until last night...i didn't..but it finally hit me, now I understand it.

See... my sin, is a sickness. A deadly infectous virus that kills. The sin places me in a position where I'm utterly hopeless, sin loving, and God hating. But as our Savior was on the cross, He bore our sickness, every single bit of it! Not just the stuff that's really bad, but the whole sickness. My God said " Your sin is mine and I'll take it to the grave"

As I sat there, I realized that I don't have to sin anymore. The sickness has been washed away forever. I hear people say, "well everybody sins that's just what we do." NO!!!! Christ put an end to it. That's just like saying, " I don't have any control over my actions, all I do is sin." Well if all you do is sin, you need to find God. I'm not saying that I never sin. When I do I'm broken over it. But now I don't have to walk around with this 10 million pound ball of sickness on my back. Christ leveled it once and for all.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!!

No comments: