Friday, August 3, 2007

...a time to

This morning as I sit here, I've been thinking about some things. But the one thing that keeps popping up is how life is going to change. Not only for me but for my friends. Just yesterday my best friend moved up to Arkansas to go to college. Today Pam Black went off to Wayland Baptist, and more people are soon to follow. Melissa leaves the 15th, and I leave 18th. But it's been good. On myspace I have been sending messages, getting phone numbers, telling people stories about the past growing up. Just like my friend said "it's a blur"

I was talking to Pam for about an hour last night and just sharing some things that have been happening in our lives. Blessing from the Lord, memories, etc. But she said " the old gang has moved on" Wow that's so true. The group of us that grew up for Central Elementary School are all moving away. We have all grown up. Some of us are going to college, missionary programs, some already have kids. But in the words of Dee "It's all good"

As for me, I'm not scared, nor that nervous. It's not like I'm going to a country where no one speaks your language ( well not just yet) I'm excited!! GFA is going to change my life and I can't wait to be drilled by God. My concern is for my friends that don't know Christ. How temptation is going to raise its evil head, and the some that know Christ, how satan is going to buffet them the most. I pray God will just guild them and show them His will. It's all in God's time.


Ecc 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecc 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
Ecc 3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
Ecc 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
Ecc 3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
Ecc 3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
Ecc 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Ecc 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


Everything has a time, but it's all in Gods time.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

What an exciting journey you have ahead of you. Looking back to the summer I graduated...I would have never imagined all the awesome things that God had instore for my life.
The theme verse of my life has been 2Corn.12:9.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I know that as you continue to seek to serve God with humility, He will continue to perfect you and His power and glory will be manifest in your life!!!
We are praying for you and all our other young friends who are being mobilized for God's use!
To God be the glory!
Let me add the rest of that scripture..."Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Micheal- Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!.