Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stone to Flesh












I was once Your enemy as I stood before the Law.
Damned to condemnation due to the effect of the Fall.

Rebel, God hater, all burning within
lover of pleasure was the weight of my sin.

My heart so black so wicked unclean
Your wrath poured out was what I should glean

As coming Day in which You should judge
knowing that I would be bound in the Grudge

But by Your grace have I been saved
and by Your blood I am no longer a slave

The work You did to change my heart
from stone to flesh a work of art

The faith You gave the repentance You granted
is something that I could have never chanted

For that wrath oh in which you took
so that my name could be found in that Book

And to You who died and rose again
My love is due until the end.

No comments: