Thursday, June 19, 2008

Oh the Law Which Shows It's Might















Well God has been faithful in answering my prayers! I've been praying each week that God would allow me to witness to someone. I want to share with you one witnessing experence.

I was sitting here on Monday messing around on my laptop when I felt a sudden desire to go outside. I don't know why but if it was God urging me to go forth I didn't wanna grieve the Spirit. So off I went....

I sat on the front steps praying "Lord bring someone." I prayed that then went inside to grab a "What If" tract, and as soon as I came out, 2 guys were walking down the street. I knew God heard my prayer, ordained this time, and so I knew I had to witness. The 2 guys came walking by the house so I met them before they passed.

mc: can I ask you a few questions, it's for a class?
guy1: ummm, I guess....
mc: okay, well who were the first the presidents of the USA?
guy1: Washington, Adams, Jefferson....
mc: you know, you'd be shocked at how many Americans do know that.(keep in mind that this guy had a darker skin tone, and middle eastern accent)
mc: okay next question...when was the Declaration of Independence signed?
guy2: July 4, 1777...dang i mean 1776.
mc: sweet..okay next question...how many types of beer can you name.
guy2: oh, a lot!
mc: oh really...start naming them.
guy2: bud, bud light, miller, etc...(he names about 15)
mc: oh okay wow...do you drink?
guy2: no, my dad's a drunkerd
mc: okay okay no big deal, okay last question. how many 10 commandments can you name?
guy1 and guy2: ummm...hummm.....well
guy1: dont lie, dont steal..(guy2...ummmm) oh what is that other one...dont cheat.(?)
mc: okay, that's pretty good..well have you kept them?
guy1 and guy2: haha...no

this was a great lead! God opened up the door to very clearly use the Law to show sin

then...

mc: well hey, I'm a Christian, and I just wanna talk for a little bit if you dont mind. Do you believe in God?
guy2: yeah...I believe
mc: how about you?
guy1: well I'm an atheist.
mc: okay! well that's cool...where are you from?
guy1: Pakistan
mc: oh okay, so you were probably raised Muslim?
guy1:.......yeah
mc: so what made you decide to become atheist?
guy1: well because why would I believe in a god that would make me fast for a month, pray 5 times a day, and do all this s*** to please him?

oh what a door God opened up!!! Guy1 was still relating everything back to Islam.

mc: makes sense...you're right. You know what Christianity says about that?
guy1: not really.
mc: You can't do anything. It is free! God became Man, and died for your sin. The Law that you have broken is for us to see our sin. It also shows us that we need a Savior! 2000 years ago Jesus Christ was crushed. The full wrath of God was poured out on Him. The same wrath that will be poured out on all who reject Him. Christ bore the weight of sin and died. 3 days later He rose again from the dead and now sits at the Right Hand of God waiting to judge. God now commands you to repent and put your faith in Christ. Repent means to turn away from your sin! God will put a new desire for you to know Him, and a desire to hate sin. That is what God did. If you dont repent, God will find you guilty and cast you in hell.

guy1 and guy2 thought for a little bit and didn't say much.

mc: from the Fall. the Fall meaning when man fell into sin, we are born dead in sin. Depraved, and God-hating. We love our sin, and would do nothing else but sin. Therefore God is totally justified by sending all of us to hell or our sin and rebellion. BUT..He provided A Way through Christ's blood.


both of their heads were down at this time


mc: do you think that lying is bad?
both: yes
mc: how about stealing?
both: ........yes
mc: how do you know that? where did you get that moral law?
guy2:....it had to have come from God.
mc: that's right. God gave you a conscience. you know right and wrong. God did that. this just proves that you need a Savior.

mc: you see that tree over there? that proves that there is something Bigger out there.

both of them agreed

mc: now which religion is right? you have Islam which tells you believe in allah and work your way. or Hinduism..just pick one of the 330 million gods. or Christianity which says that God did everything for you just repent and believe in Him and He will put a desire in you, He will grow you. God does it!

after that I shook their hands and told them I'd be praying for them. Oh I gave them the one tract that I had on me. the "What If" tract....

Please pray for "Ray" and "Sean"

3 comments:

Recovering Noah said...

What a great opportunity, Michael! I'm so impressed with the way you handled it. Most people think that witnessing is so in your face, but you did an awesome job at getting them to open up and think. You told them some really great things!!! Very proud of ya.

Leslie

Elisabeth said...

Awesome Michael!! Praise God for the opportunity He gave you!

none said...

Wow, brother, that's so encouraging. Isn't God's sovereignty amazing in every absolute sense of the word?!? I especially find that sovereignty amazing seeing as very recently, I've been thinking more and more about the Muslims and how to reach them, and then I read your account of speaking with a man that use to be one. It sounds like you spoke in the Spirit with those men! Amen! And Praise God for the laborers--that is, His Body--that He's raising up for the Harvest!
Lindsay