Thursday, October 25, 2007

...missionaries...

We here at GFA do a lot of work...outside of the country. As you know, our focus is Asia. But a problem has flooded my thinking. What about my own country? Some of the things I'm going to say in this blog may shock some of you, so be warned.

I'm reading a book now called Persecution. It is talking about how the modern American socieity has pushed Christianity aside. More or less, True Believers are the minority. We have some many differents things here to catch our attention. Even inside the church. I went a church...well i guess you could call it that. They taught out of the bible, but everthing else was all worldly, and carnal. From the music....100s in the choir, trumpets, timpini, strings...and the big dramatic, over emotion, song leaders. My first thought.....door to door sells men and women. Then comes the video bragging about the pastor and his ministry....they mention the name of our Savior twice. Then the message...."weak gospel, who wants to accept Jesus into their hearts, well if so say this prayer." Then everyone left this monster of a building. Where is the humility??

What would Luther, Spurgeon, Wesley, Calvin, Edwards think about this form of "christianity"? Guys that spent their lives fighting for Christ....Better yet....what would Christ think? What is that verse....Rev 3:15-16? Enough said

What are our motives? I or Christ?

Let's just make everyone feel good, while their dying in their sins....no big deal. Tell them God loves you, when the cross is foolishness to them. It is this "pop christianity" focus and what God can do for us. Or like John Macarthur called it the Madison Ave Jesus. The Gospel is about freedom from sin, hell, and the wrath of God....not getting me a fluffy feeling, or a buzz off of Jesus. Like america is preahing. I'm sure everyone has their own opinions about america....i'm not anti american. i'm thankful God out of His grace let me be born here. i'm not proud to be an american. that is pride...which is sin. i will not place my hand over my heart and pledge my allegiance to a flag. My allegiance is to God and God alone! In Christ alone! God has commanded us to submit to the government....as i do. That is my conviction. america needs it's own missionaries.

Just like Tozer along with Ravenhill

" One man who isn't afraid to be called a hertic and a fool " why....for the True Gospel of Christ.

1 comment:

Ladybug Flower Garden said...

Hey Michael, I finally found you!!!! I hiope everything is going great for you? This blog on missionaries is so true!!! How often do we go into churches and see so many worldly avenues. It just sickens me that we have come to this.... that we would stoop so low as to bring these sinful(worldly things) into the church. If we only knwe how much our father in heaven loves us, that he would forgive us for doing this!!!! then we could all stop bringing the world in and take Christ out to the streets of America and all the other countries as well.

Julie Bugbee/ Love ya!!!! Take Care!!!